Job Title: Research & Development Engineer
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Research & Development Supervisor, this position is responsible for performing activities related to R & D design, product testing, incorporating technology into existing or new products, progress reporting and monitoring costs. This position also requires periodic travel to existing courses for updates/repairs or new courses for installations.
- Designing and developing new products and processes as directed by the R& D Supervisor
- Work closely with the R&D Supervisor through development process starting with concept, preparing prototypes, testing procedures and final approval
- Improve existing products and keep products up to date with new trends, technology and safety
- Travel is required to existing and new course sites
- Submit periodic reports to R & D Supervisor showing status of all R&D projects
- Evaluate necessary components, in accordance with design specifications, and facilitate with R & D Supervisor and Purchasing Department
- Able to follow budgetary and time constraints as they are presented by R&D Supervisor in each project
- Follow all safety standards and procedures
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor
- Work independently and be a self motivator
- Able to work within timelines
- Maintain a clean workplace
- Contribute to the quality control of the project
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Design
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an R&D or Mechanical Engineering related field preferred. Structural experience a plus
- Experience in Industrial Design and Engineering software such as Autodesk, AutoCAD, Inventor, SketchUp or Photoshop preferred.
- Experience in Industrial Automation
- Communication and time management skills
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding data collection, analysis and documentation skills
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Job Type: Full-time
- R & D/Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Local candidate preferred as no relocation compensation will be offered. No phone calls please! Candidates MUST meet all requirements to be considered for the position.
Qualified applicants should apply here.