Job Summary: Production welding requiring 1-2 years of experience or equivalent in a manufacturing setting. With readily available supervision and technical guidance, positions material to be welded, using jigging fixtures in most cases, and applies hand-eye coordination to achieve the desired weld. Materials welded will be steel using methods of gas shielded welding. Welding positions are routine and work may be characterized as longer production runs. Works from specifications, drawings, prints, and welding symbols.
- Maintain production through put of assigned parts
- Use blueprints to produce and meet all specifications
- Use material handling equipment safely to move parts
- Follow all safety standards and procedures
- Good attendance record
- Ability to take direction from Immediate Supervisor
- Work independently and be a self-motivator
- Able to work within timelines
- Maintain a clean workplace
- Communicate with various departments for direction of project
- Contribute to the quality control of the project
- All other duties as assigned on a daily basis
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Familiarity with standard structural steel fabrication practices for welding, cutting, drilling and punching steel.
- Fitter experience a plus
- Familiar with gas shielded FCAW process.
- Familiar with forklift operation and pass certification
- Ability to pass weld test in AWS D1.1 Flat prior to hiring
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Welding: 1 year (Required)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening. Position is in Allegan, MI – applicants must have reliable transportation to this location.
Qualified applicants should apply here.